Sunday, October 3, 2010

Retreat into real living

Home after four days at Laity Lodge which is in a Canyon in Texas. Framed by mountains with a reluctant river fringing most of the buildings, I could not help but think of the importance of Gardens to our spiritual well-being. God intended man's first home to be a garden. The Lodge consisted of all the essential elements: a variety of plant life-trees, flowers and shrubs. There were animals in the ground and birds in the air. There were fountains and sculpture, swings and hammocks. Even man made things blended with nature. The cottages were made of wood with beautifully functional furniture and furnishings. The folks around the Lodge providing delicious food and personal touches of service in an attitude of willingness to meet my needs. These exquisitively beautiful features interacting together gave a tremendous sense of harmony and peace that soothed and refreshed my spirit.

Beyond reach of phones, in the absence of television and radio, the word retreated and the peace of this garden park, slowly enveloped my spirit. So the healing began.

6 comments:

  1. It was so beautiful, wasn't it? I'm so grateful to have had my friend by my side these past few days. God truly blessed me when he put you in my life. I love you, Vea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad that you joined us in the canyon. You are a blessing, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great way to put it: an enveloping of our spirits.

    I count it privilege to have been with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hike and canoe with you, Vea. You make fine company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I met you there. And that you met the fringes of healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo great to find you here. Your words, once audible, continue to speak to my very spirit.

    Love you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete