Thursday, September 24, 2009

The warmth of friends

Rebecca and I chatted last night. She seemed next door but she was in Canada busily involved in finding routine after her month long absence. My home was the last visit, the end of her odyssey or missionary journey because she left me on Monday encouraged in the faith, uplifted in spirit with a song in my heart Probably,the three records she left contributed to my elevated mood but I felt myself soothed by her visit. We did reminisce about times and people past. We talked of people dead or those who have received life-changing news..Shielded by time and distance from the immediacy of grief is bittersweet. There is some incongruity in weeping for someone dead and buried a year ago.

Yet the pain of loss and sorrow over the hurts of friends remain and closure is not easily obtained.
Fortunately, we also had fun, in shopping and eating, common past times to cheer the soul. In addition, we talked abut men and their ways. God did have a sense of humor when he created them. There might even be divine reason while there are so many more women than men in church. Still with Rebecca, the conversation was insightful and hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment