Monday, March 28, 2011

Fourteenth Day

The trip to the doctor was cancelled because I awoke with a cold. My voice might have become croaky but the searing pain in my throat has gone.My ears seemed blocked but they are no longer united by a painful rod. My fever has also gone and compared to the misery of yesterday, I feel fine. I decided to go to work taking two tablets as insurance, was welcomed with relief.

Not knowing adds so much anxiety to our lives. Despite the countless number of colds I have endured, I could not understand the level of pain yesterday so feared the worse. When the signs of an upper respiratory tract infection became apparent, I could relax, sip mint tea perfused with lemon and ginger as I wait it out.

It is said that in human experience "there is nothing new". So old experiences of people and situations come in new packages. I often hesitate to open the unfamiliar or worry because of the different shape or size of the problem when I've addressed similar problems before at another time in another place. Fear can sap my curiosity and often prevents me from opening the packages life sends. Yet even what seems to be new is often made up of parts of the old so I already have the skills and experience for a successful solution.

I will try to remember this when my new staff member starts to-morrow. I will hold to this belief when I feel overwhelmed with conflicting demands. I know that things, like my walk with God, change but remain the same

No comments:

Post a Comment