Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tenth Day

On the ninth day, I was mentally preparing myself for a 5.15 wake-up call. I had to attend a conference one hundred and fifty miles away so couldn't afford to oversleep. My preparation was probably more stressful than I realized for this morning I woke before the alarm, my blog unfinished and un-posted. Nine days since I started on this unique journey with God, I have been nurturing our relationship.

There are some practical elements too. I checked into my room but could not get the programs of my choice: Pay -per-view held no appeal as I was on a business card. I am an adult who will not watch adult movies as they hint of the risque. I concede that it is a prejudiced view from a grown-up who would laugh hysterically at the pretensions of Frazier or the thick skin of Grace at Will's expense.

I called housekeeping and found Oprah. When the internet connection was unavailable, I contacted the technicians. Being mindful of God's presence is not really about singing hymns and praying. It's having someone to talk to about every day things and situations. Usually, I would have ignored the television. I would have been frustrated not following my plan because I brought my lap top to do some work. As usual, I had a plan B consisting of books to read, crosswords, puzzles, crocheting. When you are single, hotel rooms can be very lonely, yet freed from routine one has the opportunity to tackle transportable tasks,
So Plan B was a good alternative but I achieved my primary goal by valuing my time and comfort enough to ask for help. To-night, I feel at ease. I envisage God sitting in a chair just keeping me company. Maybe we will talk tonight but I'm happy anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment