Thursday, March 24, 2011

Eleventh Day

One hundred years ago, the journey from Teays Valley to Clarksburg would have been an adventure. With modern transport. I left yesterday in time for a snack and the first session of a Conference, My colleague and I patiently waited until it was over despite hearing the plenary speaker at an earlier session. We were really pleased that it was no longer raining although the skies ''were gray. The traffic was light, perhaps affected by the threat of tornado warning last night, at 6p.m , it was dark, the rain so heavy that we could not make out the road way beyond the headlights when we saw a brilliant blue streak. It,s blue!, we exclaimed in a chorus as if through saying it, we would overcome our disbelief.
We made good time and arrived at work without mishap. I returned to work and my computer class. Each evening of class reveals new skills . Twelve minutes from my class, I was invited to dinner so I chose a restaurant near my home so that I'll be close to bedI I wanted to complete an article for She speaks Conference and write my blog. Well, twice in one week, I fell asleep in mid sentence. I woke up on Friday morning but my back stuck to the mattress like a leech. Eventually I jumped up to start a long day.
It was trying because of the complaints received and problems reported. Some days are like that but my training went well despite their ambivalence towards non-violent communication. Human nature is unpredictable. Folks admitted to strategies hip through blame did not matter.

I know that God is a provider and yet I worry about tomorrow. When I want to be indepenent, He often has to bail me out. But, I really need to make the effort to consult HIm first to avoid second guessing the Almighty God. I like my own way until I see a "No through road sign". Learning that God's way is best is not as easy as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment