Saturday, March 26, 2011

Thirteenth Day

Thank God for weekends. I became increasingly tired as the week faded away but stayed up until this morning to complete an article. I didn’t have time to review it and when I went to bed, better phrasing of words and alternative sentences haunted my mind chasing sleep away. So I went to bed after 4am and I did not even hear my alarm.
I stayed in bed in carefree mood feeling that I should rest some more. At 11.30am, I had breakfast and completed Solomon or the Song of Songs. As a song, it will not make my Top Ten list but as one of the thousands of songs Solomon wrote, its beauty has endured. It is after all, a love story in the tradition of the prince and a pauper. At a time w hen I’m practicing a love affair with God, reading a love story in the Bible has His fingerprints. The confidence of the Bride and the adoration of Solomon have made me revise my critique of this book.

I exercised to a CD that buzzed in several places. A few days ago it was undamaged. Now the third and fourth tracks were tortuous as it crackled and slowed down showing some positions in slow motion.

I hit the stores searching for a suitable table for coffee dispensers and a rug. Bought two sensory toys because they were irresistible. I can hardly wait to see the toddlers’ faces on Monday.

Shopping for food was fun because I found some crackers I ate as a child. Although I can eat anything, the food of my childhood reaches parts other food does not reach. When I am sick or distressed, my comfort food is what I ate as a child. It makes me think that whatever happens, all is right with the world. A good of rest and no commitments enlivened by a lengthy phone call from a childhood friend is surely a blessed day.

Thank God for weekends

No comments:

Post a Comment