Friday, March 25, 2011

Twelve Days

Today, I signed the consent for the Center to become a training site but my mind was jammed with so many things to do. Applications for various projects, research for others, starting some more. Armed with deadlines, it is easy forget the presence of God but I know He is there. Sometimes He rebukes, sometimes He comforts or encourages. Sometimes He just stays around. I'm getting to like those times even better for only old friends can share soothing silence.
I completed the Proverbs 31 article, something I don't think that I would have done two weeks ago. Simply put, God gives me confidence. Whether I win or not, I had the discipline to submit 879 words within a tight deadline. I would like to use my niece's example to abandon myself to to God . She was alone in her classroom but she was unperturbed. The CD player was on and as she touched her toes and patted her stomach, she was entranced. She clapped her hands when each track ended and stood on tiptoe to find the mouse. Her granddad came to take her home but she ignored him to dance to one more song. It must be great being 15 months old, adored by all the adults in your life, not fully aware of your toddler legs, but knowing that you would be picked up if you fall.
God is disarmed by trust and I want to trust HIm as a little child for He knows the way that I take and when He has tried me, I will come forth as gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment