Friday, April 1, 2011

Eighteenth Day

Another weekend. This week has simply flown and now we are in the month of April and its showers. I’m glad that I had forgotten that it was April fool’s day because I started the morning with serving porridge with heaping teaspoons of salt to replace the sugar I had assumed was in the sugar bowl. Not funny for my brother. A colleague at work told her husband that someone had cleaned out his or her savings. He survived without a heart attack. Pranks could be fun. Someone said that when we want to make God laugh, we make plans. Sometimes, life does seem to play me tricks as it leads me into unexpected places. The traits that irritate us in my family re-surface in the man of our dreams. I go to great lengths to avoid confrontation only to find the same person as my boss in the next job.

God reminds me again and again that I know the plans I have for you. That is a good note on which to start my weekend. I wish I could play: I wonder what... What is God's plan for the many projects of my life? Knowing would save me so many false starts, such wasted energy. It might also save me money but I would not have learnt to trust and without faith, it is impossible to please God.

No comments:

Post a Comment