Friday, April 15, 2011

Thirty First Day. Unfinished business

Friday was bathed in sunshine without the sticky heat. Any islander would have enjoyed the weather. Although high winds threatened a storm, the raindrops peeped out timorously before withdrawing into the clouds. I bought a beautiful table for work and enough coffee and tea for five hundred cups. It has been an exhaustingly good week. My youngest brother sits beside me. Any moment now, my niece and her friend will turn from dinner and fill me in on their lives in the Carolinas. We are content.

In spite of my apprehensions at the dentist, my tooth no longer nags me with a continuous ache. I thanked the dentist.

I have important work unfinished. I am keeping my stomach controlled and my mind focussed instead of living under the tyranny of a gurgling stomach and racing mind. This week I also did some important things. Tomorrow has its own demands that require an early start. No lie -in this week. Cela vie!

Yet, I’m so very thankful for God’s grace expressed in safety while going in the parking bay, giving us patient assistants to help us put the tab l and e in my car, placing pleasant clinicians across our path. Kindness is empowering and this week I have been touched by many fingers, Most of my contacts took little time but that pause to say”hi” broke the routine and set up a chain of good-will.

Kindness often costs so little but when freely given, sweetens our lives and emboldens us to face the world. Kindness makes the world seem cozier as we realize we share our world. We are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment