Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thirtieth Day-

This was not one of my best days but there has been so much to be grateful. Someone has said:” Don’t sweat the small stuff”. And today was made up of small stuff.
My temporary cap fell out taking with it a bit the aisle, uncertain which line to join. Unfortunately, I miscalculated for the shopper ahead of me had two trolleys and a file of coupons. I could not believe my eyes. I darted to the other counter but it was laden with groceries ad as she was out of room, tins of cans remained in her basket. The minutes ticked by into lateness. . I prayed for grace as I asked to have another till open because I did not want to appear rude. I ran out of the store clutching the tablecloth. When I was almost there, someone asked me to get him or her some eggs thinking
I spent two hours working on a presentation and just as I was about to send it to the printers, I lost it. Unfortunately, I had to see the dentist so I asked another colleague to re-type it. She gave me the good news just before the dentist opened my mouth. She had found it! The dentist was also able to repair my tooth ready for capping.
Rushing back to the office, my email did not work. Several attempts to get the footnote with acknowledgements on one page failed but eventually, I got all 44 copies and went to the meeting in the middle of the tiebreaker. Then heard the news. Presentation due next time. All small stuff that frustrate and irritate.
The high spots: the incredible work the dentist did, a frank discussion with my brother and a spirit of thankfulness that there could have been more difficult irritations. Instead of small stuff, there could have been big stuff like a child being hurt, a father losing his job. Even with irritations, gratitude and joy made the day worth-living

1 comment:

  1. Hi, friend. I'm back from my little trip--saw that you tried to call but the phone must have still been off from the airplane ride. Tired but thankful.

    So glad you can see the bright side of a series of "small" frustrations. Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete