Saturday, April 23, 2011

Thirty Ninth Day: Hope wins by a nose

My spirit feels so rested when I have a day at home with no appointments or deadlines except to cook for visitors in the evening. I woke up, dressed in indoor slacks, did most of the little tasks that get left when you are away from home over twelve hours a day, This is going to be my routine for the foreseeable future so I am busy with to do lists to ensure that my appointments are kept next week.

Since 2.p.m o’clock I’ve been expecting my mother, two of my sisters and two nephews. I was not at all worried when they did not arrive three hours ago but now the meal is ready and I have time to be apprehensive.
To add to my uneasiness, my brother who has been making a remarkable recovery is at the hospital after experiencing unexplained pain. Happiness is so fragile. A word, a fall, a sudden movement, a forgotten task can change the world forever,
Tonight, I have all the ingredients for celebration. I hope that I’ll be able do that in this infrequent get-together of family from three States but if I can’t then I will count my many blessings and know that God who has been with me on this special journey will not disappear

Earlier in the day, my goddaughter phoned me so that I can wish her a happy birthday. She is forty-one years old with a great deal of maturity. For most of her life, we lost touch so I was a very absent godmother. Last year, I met her mother who re-united us. Since then we have been maintained contact but I had long forgotten her birthday. So I was delighted that she called. She is obviously giving me a second chance to be in her life and I intend to take it.
So, despite the uncertainties of this day, I cling to hope. The Resurrected Lord, whose victory we’ll be celebrating tomorrow is the incarnation of hope in my situation. Because He lives, I can face tomorrow, despite my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment