Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Twenty Eighth Day- More than Routine

The summer weather of the weekend left today as spring fell asleep after clothing the landscape in grey. The cold is everywhere and it is hard to feel warm.

Sometimes we have perfect weather for sailing and then without warning we are in stormy seas but it is the same ocean fuelled by the same currents, washed by the same waters. Calm and storm are inevitable. And any seaworthy craft prepare for both.
It is so easy to lose my intention and return to old patterns excused by busyness or stormy waters.

Pre-occupied as I am with family, I realized that days have past without real intimacy. Prayer and Bible reading can become automatic activities. Chores to complete before I can read the book or watch the show. I know that I can feel God’s presence doing neither but when His presence is manifest, hours pass quickly doing either one. Then the Word becomes alive and quickens my spirit. Only the Living Word can be the mirror of my heart but only the Living Word can convict as well as cleanse. So I try again to practice His presence and I’m so grateful that He waits for me

No comments:

Post a Comment