Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sixteenth Day

Two of my colleagues attended another funeral of a loved one. Divorce does not always sever emotional ties. Long crushed feelings that are sometimes hastily packaged in an attempt to move on can surprise me. So I hope that these colleagues have peace in their goodbyes.

One of the great things about living my life is that no two days are the same. It is similar to fashion that has the same basics but changes with frills or shorter hems, plaids or stripes to make a difference between a new look and an outdated one. Today, had a higher quota of frustrations slightly eased by meeting three new people whose stories made me grateful once again for a grace-filled life. I’m less wary now of people who always claim to be blessed, particularly when it seems to be used like a slogan. However, even amidst the friction and pressure of office dynamics, it is stimulating to be involved at the roundabout of daily living.
It is also challenging when my every discourse is monitored. After all, if God is really with me, how can I be rude, deceitful or destructive? Jesus asked us to pray “Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven”. This suggests that prayers are connected to the outcome. God’s will is so clear about the behavior of the poor and the prosperous. If He is with me, then our togetherness should positively affect the lives of others. My father used to say that there was bread in the house of Joseph because God was with him.
I hope that today someone’s life was better because God was with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment