Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Twenty one days

I’m more than half–way on my journey. This lover’s walk with God but today routine escaped me. My alarm worked faultlessly. I have two alarm clocks but was too alarmed by their undependability to use them as wake up calls. While taking iphone 101, I briefly tried out its alarm. After the first ring, it not only replaced the clocks but also became my favorite iphone feature.
So I woke up but did not read nor exercise today. The morning just flew while I stayed in bed and thought. This is a poor start to any day especially at a time when I ‘m struggling with relationship, I felt disappointed but before I could get established on a guilt trip, I was startled by a thought: Lovers don’t normally read letters before going to work. I giggled and gave myself a pass. At work His presence remained during some difficult conversations. His silence supported me as I felt myself responding impatiently to a phone call. Does she not know that I’m at work? Guilty for a second, I made a quick resolve to do better. This, too, is part of knowing how to relate to Him.

God did clearly speak to me to concentrate on a relationship with Him and at first; I conceptualized it as a growing romance. Now, half way through, it seems more about mopping the floors than candlelight dinners. It is knowing that despite my failures, frustrations and failings, God is still there. It occurred to me that God could never be disappointed in me, however close we become because I was always known by Him. It is I who has not known him. It is I who expected condemnation.

Instead, there is a sense of liberation. I’m not only forgiven but I’m loved.
MY face may wear o mask of care and thought but in my heart is a rising
Flood of excitement. Practicing God’s presence has some unique outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment